What is a last minute holiday?
“Last minute” means different things to different people. You might leave deadlines until the very last second or start thinking about an event weeks or even months in advance. In the world of holidays, “last minute” usually means eight weeks or less before departure.
The term refers to the period when cheaper tickets are released, or when tour operators see vacant seats on flights and empty beds in hotel rooms. If you’re committed to travelling on a certain day or reserving a particular hotel, then perhaps last minute holidays are not for you. If you’re flexible with dates and destinations, however, great last minute deals await.
Tips for booking your trip
Finding late breaks with Holiday Hypermarket couldn’t be simpler. Here are a few easy tips to ensure the process is smooth:
- Be flexible – don’t limit yourself to one departure date, airport or destination
- Travel at unusual times – early Monday morning or midweek can be cheaper than weekends
- Book from a different airport – travelling a little further to your departure airport can be cheaper
- Take advantage of inclusive last minute holiday deals – some resorts cater for larger numbers and come as part of a package. Booking accommodation and transport in one saves you the hassle of searching for multiple services independently.
Get started with Holiday Hypermarket
Now that you know what a late deal is, you are ready to start searching. Use our comparison tool to shop around for a holiday that suits your tastes and budget:
- Fill in your destination of choice, travel dates, country of origin and the number of people travelling
- Click “Find my holiday” in our designated search box
- Compare different types of board: from all-inclusive to bed and breakfast, full and half board, room only and self-catering, review what’s available and tailor it to your needs
- If you don’t find your ideal holiday the first time, try again with a different airport or select an alternative destination
Secure your affordable last minute trip to prime holiday getaways and you could be exploring unique Caribbean Islands, soaking up the sun in the Med, or heading out on an African safari in a matter of days!