When we go on holiday it can be for various reasons, some people like sightseeing, some like relaxing by the pool while others simply seek a scorching climate.
So, to help you get the most out of your Caribbean holiday, we’ve put together a destination to-do list and weather guide for our top selling Caribbean destinations along with some facts and places to check out.
- The famous 7 miles of sand in Negril – one for everyone’s bucket list!
- Dunns River Falls – Relive that famous Peter Andre moment, or maybe not.
- The home of Bob Marley – Even if reggae isn’t to your taste this is a must.
- The ultra-modern and luxurious hotel The Sensatori Jamaica.
- How does a cruise and stay sound? The Thomson Dream is now based in Jamaica throughout the winter, so why not experience the best of both worlds.
- Stunning historical heritage – Old-fashioned charm such as classic cars and salsa dancing.
- Beach and city holidays combined – Choose between the bustling city of Havana or the laid-back beaches of Varadero.
- The best cigars and mojitos around – It goes without saying, the Cubans know best!
- Great value for money – A two week all inclusive holiday starts from just £882 per person.
- Brilliant coral reefs for divers – Although not a great place for beginners, Cuba is great for experienced divers and is home to amazing corals and underwater wonders.
- Cricket hotspot – Home to one of the best teams on the planet.
- Beautiful marine life – Head to Turtle Beach for a spot of snorkeling.
- There are plenty of opportunities to cruise the Eastern Caribbean where you’ll see some breath- taking islands.
- Oistins Fish Bar – The bar kicks off every Friday night as locals and guests celebrate the catch of the week.
- Stunning beaches – White sands and warm shallow waters – The Caribbean promise delivered.
- Amazing watersports – You can’t leave Aruba without kite boarding.
- Ideal honeymoon destination.
- Mostly dry all year round as it sits south of the hurricane belt, although the island can be slightly windy during the hurricane season.
- Casino city – Forget Las Vegas, Aruba has first-class casinos
- Excellent value for money – A two week stay starts from just £861 per person.
- Miles of coastline – One of the larger islands in the Caribbean.
- This may be one of the cheaper Caribbean Islands, but this doesn’t mean its hotels are any less luxurious. In fact, this island has some of the most lavish hotels in the Caribbean. Whether you’re looking for basic accommodation or luxury hotels on private islands, the Dominican Republic has it covered.
The Ultimate Cheat Sheet to the Caribbean Weather
If you are thinking of booking your next holiday to one of the islands it will be important to know the best time to travel to the Caribbean. We have put together the cheat sheet below to help you decide when to book for. REMEMBER – some of the Caribbean sits on the hurricane belt and although the temperatures may be high, so is the chance of a storm. Check out our Essential Guide to the hurricane season here.