Known for its glorious beaches and warm climate, Turkey is also celebrated for its always-on-the-go nightlife scene. As soon as the sun goes down Turkey comes alive, and it all begins in its bustling bars and atmospheric streets. But where is the best place to party? For us, it has to be between the resorts of Gumbet and Marmaris. So, if you’ve already started planning your party holiday in Turkey we have decided to compare the two to make sure you choose the right resort for you.
As one of the largest resorts in Turkey it’s easy to understand why it is also one of the most popular. If you’re looking for lively nights you have come to right place. With over 100 bars to choose from you can drink in a different bar every night. Bar Street is the place to venture if you’re looking for hard core parties as your greeted by a cloud of chaos with its foam-topped shindigs, booming dance music, fluorescent shooters, belly dancers, and lasers lighting.
And early nights are unheard of in this bustling resort – that’s right the majority of bars and clubs stay open until 4am so there’s plenty of time to try out as many as possible. Besides, if you don’t want to dig too deep into your wallet while in Marmaris, you won’t have to because the resort is your happy hour heaven with a number of bars offering a range of discounted drinks.
Best bars in Marmaris
- Turtle Bar – Located on the beachfront you can’t miss Turtle bar, this place is all about the fun factor with its famous karaoke nights and competitions.
- Davey Jones’s Locker– On the very far side of Bar Street you’ll find Davy Jones’s Locker, Marmaris’ very own rock bar. Popular with regulars and expats, this bar is adored for its excellent music selection which plays out over two floors.
- Salt N Peper Bar– Known for its cheap cocktails and bar dancing, this is the place to get the party started.
Best clubs in Marmaris
- Club Arena – As the leading club on Bar Street, this open-air setting hosts some of the best foam parties and laser shows in the whole of Marmaris.
- Crazy Daisy Bar & Nightclub – This clubs is best known for its terrace that hosts regular parties where you’ll often find a range of live music performances.
- Greenhouse Dance Club Marmaris – This club is popular for its music as it offers everything from the latest trance, tech house, R’n’B, and pop music.
It may be smaller in size than Marmaris, but that doesn’t mean that Gumbet doesn’t offer a fantastic nightlife scene. In fact, Gumbet like Marmaris has its very one Bar Street which transforms into a river of brightly lit bars each evening. Watch as strangers become best friends and loud music pours out onto the resorts jam-packed streets.
The street may be quieter in comparison with Marmaris, but it still has a lengthy list of bars which offer some great drinks prices. They are only a few nightclubs to choose from here, but this isn’t too much of any issue as most of the bars stay open until the early hours. And with a bar to suit ever kind of partier, whether your one for singing your heart out on the karaoke, sipping sophisticated cocktails or showcasing your fantastic dance moves, you can’t go far wrong in Gumbet!
Best bars in Gumbet
- Chico’s Bar – Head to Chico’s if you want to sip on fruity cocktails and enjoy live entertainment.
- Roy’s Place – Popular for its karaoke nights and beachfront setting we highly recommend this bar for a fun-filled night out.
- A Lora Beach Club – This beachside bar doesn’t only offer one of the best atmospheres in Gumbet with its upbeat staff, but it also puts on some of the best foam parties.
Best clubs in Gumbet
- Club Posh – As the largest club in Gumbet, this is the place to head if you’re after good music in a stylish venue.
- Club Mood – This club doesn’t only offer a buzzing atmosphere, but it also offers stunning views of Bitez bay.
- Mystery Disco –This all-singing-all-dancing club comes alive every night with its remarkable dancers and karaoke stars.
So, if your holidays are all about staying up as late as possible and partying in big clubs Marmaris nightlife is for you. Or, if your holidays are more about bar hopping in a more toned down setting Gumbet is your partying pick.