Thomson Airways is aiming to revolutionise holiday flying and to boost communication throughout the whole company. TUI has equipped its cabin crew and resort reps with iPads so all members of TUI handling your holiday will be made aware of any requests you make before your holiday starts, whilst in resort or when you return back home – making travel experiences even better. This means that special occasions are extra special on Thomson and First Choice holidays.
Jeremy Osborne E-commerce Director said – ‘We’ve personalised our service and modernising the customer’s experience during every step of their journey, from booking to beach. This will enable us to share destination information and pass on any special requests and information over to the resort team.’
- Reps will be able to be contacted around the clock for customers who have any requests or queries pre-departure or even during their holiday.
- You will be able to fill in hotel registration forms online in advance, meaning you will simply have to pick up your key from the reception desk on arrival.
- On arrival at your destination, you will receive a text telling you where your luggage and transfer coach will be.
- You will be able to make requests about your accommodation or to simply find out the best local restaurants to visit, via the rep.
- For special occasions, you can order a birthday cake or pre-book a restaurant to celebrate an anniversary.
- Book excursions online with activity planners, either before you fly or while you are in resort.
- Take a video tour of your hotel room via FaceTime.
- Watch welcome meetings online before you arrive in resort.
TUI will have more technology in resort with digital notice boards replacing current customer notice boards in hotels, free Wi-Fi where possible on transfer coaches, in hotel rooms and around public areas.
Ian Chapman, Director of Holiday Experience said – ‘We want to take customer service to the next level. This programme combines the knowledge of TUI’s holiday advisors with technology, to offer customers a service they can’t find anywhere else.
‘The tools and services being introduced will make it easier for customers to book activities, access information about their destination or contact a holiday advisor before and during their holiday ensuring they can focus on enjoying quality time with their loved ones’.
Apps – there’s plenty you can find but which ones are worth having? We’ve rounded up seven of the best.
Treat yourself to a Thomson or First Choice getaway for one of your special occasions, you won’t regret it.
Sensatori Resort Crete
Lyttos Beach, Crete, Greek Islands, Greece