You work hard for your holiday and you deserve a little R&R. With that in mind, we have put together a quick guide to our favourite quiet resorts for maximizing your relaxation.
We have compiled this list to help you start planning your next trip.
Top 5 European Resorts
- Cyprus, Latchi – take in the sights, smells and sounds of this small fishing village that brings a few harbour-side restaurants and a quiet beach along with some gorgeous countryside. This is a place for romantics – after all, legend has it that Aphrodite fell in love with Adonis here.
- Lanzarote, Playa Blanca – from it’s culinary scene with upscale dining and smart marina to it’s choice of beaches packed with watersports, Playa Blanca is a haven for travellers. If you love a combination of style and sophistication with a few bars and shopping, you’ll love it here!
- Costa Blanca, Moraira – if you think Costa Blanca is all about Benidorm, think again. With historic roots as a fishing village still evident, Moraira with its traditional cobbled streets and old market square is one of the most popular but laid back resorts in the Costa Blanca.
- Crete, Almyrida – whether you’re searching for serenity or want to make a splash in the sea, Alymyrida can offer you both. The main street offers plenty of places to dine and is one of the best places to get a delicious fresh fish dinner!
- Turkey, Ortakent – it’s a quaint Turkish town with a beautiful quiet beach, especially at sunset. It’s quiet here, but a 20-minute drive will take you to Bodrum if you want a change of pace. It’s also home to some beautiful gardens filled with fig, olive and mandarin trees.
Top 5 African Resorts
- Mauritius, Flic En Flac – this jewel in the Indian Ocean is one of the best spots for rest and relaxation. Many hotels here will offer daily spa treatments and gourmet meals with drinks to rejuvenate your mind and body. Visitors on cheap Mauritius holidays love the golf, diving and the homegrown distillery.
- Egypt, Marsa Alam – if you’re planning an Egyptian holiday, this spot has a romantic feel that surrounds the resort of Marsa Alam. From it’s shimmering beaches, strolls down the tree-lined quay of Port Ghalib to dolphin and giant-turtle spotting, it’s relaxation and exploration all in one.
- Morcco, Chefchaouen – one of the most romantic towns in Morocco. The entire town is an influence of Andalucian and Moroccan and is a great place to relax . Chock-full of fairy-tale history, a diverse cultural heritage and a bustling dining scene that is dripping in charm.
- Cape Verde, Boa Vista – the beaches of Cape Verde are renowned for their beauty and tranquillity. Boa Vista translates as ‘Beautiful View’ and makes a great pick for those that prefer to sunbathe in peace and a little slice of heaven that has remained relatively untouched.
- Gambia, Bijilo – for an extra shot of relaxation, you can visit Bijlo! You can visit nearby Kololi for a change of tempo but all-in-all you will find no restaurants or nightclubs, just a few beach bars. However what it lacks in amenities it makes up for in it’s beauty. Take a break and put your feet up.
Top 5 Asian Resorts
- Maldives, Meeru Island Resort & Spa – couples looking for romance will revel in a trip here. This charming island resort is ideal for those who want to soak up some sun. Evenings can be spent checking out one of the restaurants or relaxing of your beautiful room.
- Goa, Benaulim – is best known for it’s long white sand beach, churches and seafood restaurants. It’s the perfect relaxing destination that said, it does offer a little bit extra – including snorkelling, diving and boat trips. Opt for the heavenly Ayurvedic massages, they’re amazing.
- Thailand, Khao Lak – three national parks and a stunning beach provide incredible opportunities for sunset watching. If you’re the type of person who likes to kick back and read a book while being surrounded by paradise, then this is the place for you.
- Sri Lanka, Ahungalla – this resort has a great location! The wide golden sand, with a backdrop of palm trees not only aids the seclusion, but also allows for incredible scenery. At the same time the resort is still close enough to the town of Galle, allowing a change of scene during holidays to Sri Lanka.
- Malaysia, Langkawi – if you love the beach and views of the ocean, then you’re not going to find a better beach resort in the country. Float above the valleys in a cable car. You will find a few places to buy a drink and grab something to eat and time to relish in the tranquillity.
So what type of holiday are your looking for? If you’re in search of relaxing resort, these are the best. Which one is going to be your dream holiday?
Looking for something different? Then why not check the new winter destination Costa Rica.