This is one for the party goers and house music worshiper’s. EDC returns to Las Vegas Motor Speedway on 20th June for another spectacular 3 nights of electric house music. Over 320,000 house junkies went to Vegas last year to dance the night away in bright colours and flashing neon lights. The world’s biggest DJs descend into Vegas for the hectic weekend and they’re expecting it to be a sell out again.
Hotel rates increase over the weekend in general in Vegas, but the price maybe slightly more when the festival’s on. People spend in excess of $1000 for their flight to get to Vegas from around the world so keep an eye open for cheap flights and be prepared to book them when you see them, they won’t be around for long.
If you’re a newbie to this festival then don’t worry, we have compiled a list of all the important stuff to remember:
- ID! America is really strict on serving alcohol and you must be 21 to be served
- Comfortable shoes and attire
- Money for food and drink. Make sure you keep hydrated throughout the weekend.
- Camera to share the moments
- During the month of June Las Vegas is very hot but can be cool on the night time, take a light jacket.
- Pace yourself, the festival is 3 days long, make sure you eat to give your body energy
- Mobile phones probably won’t get a signal so turn off 3G/4G to make your battery go further.
- The event finishes at 5am each night and it can be hectic to get a taxi back to your hotel on the strip. Leave about 40-60 minutes before hand to avoid waiting around
- Book hotel and travel arrangements at your earliest opportunity to get the best deal
Make sure you have a plan for everything you want to do during the days running up to the festival so you maximise your time on Las Vegas package holidays. Hit the pool parties and clubs that are focussed around the EDC festival to keep up to date with the latest gossip and goings on and if you’re planning on getting table service or day beds expect high minimum spend of around 2000 dollars excluding sales tax and tips.
So if you have booked up all that is left to do is sit back and wait for the line up to be announced, I’m sure it’ll be one to remember.
Lastly, enjoy the festival and party hard until the sun comes up!